Saturday, October 20, 2007

Conversation with mum

Mum brought me into the church but I definitely surpassed her when it came to being churchy...until I left once and for all and turned into the fabulous "sinner" that I am today. Regular readers may vaguely recall some conversations mum that I have had to cut short when she starts reminiscing about the good old days when we all went to church together (woo what a great time we had!~!!)
Well lately, mum doesn't seem to have been going, and when I say lately it would seem about 6 months. So obviously the TBMs have suddenly started appearing out of the woodwork. When I popped in last week she had a food parcel from her visiting teachers. All good I suppose especially as she doesn't like 2 minute noodles and my step daughter loves them. Then she mentioned that her home teachers had also visited. I looked at the calendar- odd, I think, as usually you get inundated with such visits towards the end of the month when they realise they haven't done their duty this month and need to visit before they have to report back. Yet it was only early in the month.
SO last night she rings a little annoyed. The last four nights she's had four visits, all unannounced and at meal time. Furthermore, she's in the middle of cleaning out the spare room so the place is in chaos and she has to put up with their condescending looks and offers of a working bee at her place (they want to clean her oven and windows next weekend!). To top it all off she thinks they're idiots because when they see the patch of hair growing back on her kitten's side they reel in horror, when she explains its where she's been spayed they freak out because they don't know what this means and even struggle with the term de-sexed (I guess month python was right...every sperm does count)...now mum makes the observation that these people are ignorant because all they think of is church - she mentioned that they started a book club but it turned out all they wanted to read were church books (how many times can you drag out and analyse a Marvellous work and a Wonder before you realise the author is insane???) "We have to live in this world!" she bellows down the phone to me. So at last, I think, she has truly seen the light and I think she's finally told them to leave her alone. Then she tells me not to drop by on Sunday as she's going to conference.

No comments: