Saturday, July 7, 2007

The wrong kind of sign

Eww. I was sitting on a train coming back from the footy the other night. The people in the seats on the other side of the aisle got up and left and when I looked across I saw what they'd been sitting on. I bet you're thinking chewing gum or something like that. It was one of those Mormon post card pictures. i recognised it because I used to have it - in a frame! It's Jesus talking to Mary when he's been resurrected. Well the Mormon interpretation thereof. I just astounds me that they seem to be everywhere.

6 comments:

hm-uk said...

Hi there. Found your site from another ex-mo site. You write 'footy' and that can only mean one thing (well, it could mean a couple of things, but only one that piqued my interest).

hm-uk said...

Ahh, I just read an earlier post that said you were in Oz. I was so hoping to find someone else in GB that hung out on the ex-mo sites. That's why I made a big deal about the 'footy' comment. Sorry for not paying closer attention...

Wendy said...

I forgive you (how mormon sounding of me). I have, however, spent some time in the UK, back in those days I called that interesting game with the round ball footy - now I'm forced to call it soccer and footy is aussie rules.

hm-uk said...

Haah, I tried to think of a Momo song about forgiveness, but wouldn't you know it I've forgot them ALL! Selective amnesia is brilliant. Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way. It's always good to have a friend in the Southern Hemisphere.

Wendy said...

It gives a sense of balance having friends in an alternative hemisphere!
Do you get the mosongs stuck in your head too??? Sometimes I catch myself humming one and have to swallow large amounts of coffee, tea, alcohol or anything else that would make me feel mormon free!

hm-uk said...

The only song that I can remember all the way through is "Popcorn popping", which wasn't exactly a sacrament song...

Hope you have a few minutes to pop on over to my blog, I'm running a little competition.

By the way, I love anything 'alternate' - it suits my personality to hang out with the 'other'.